Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Howdy! It's been wayyyy too long!

OK, the novel effort returns. For the one or two people in my life who may have this link still attached to their notifications, etc. I'm back!!! I can't believe my last post was over a year ago when I accepted my current position as a Regional Medical Director. I was effusively excited about taking this opportunity back then. Now, I am effusively excited extremitited and enusifited about it!!! I can't believe that jobs like this exist out here. Why didn't somebody tell me about it years ago? I was staying in a hotel in Lansing, MI when I compared notes to a 32 year-old fellow who works for a major insurance company. He asked me what I did and I told him I have the greatest job in the world because I can travel but set my own travel schedule; work from home multiple days a month; do research; work from my blackberry and laptop, etc. He was quiet for a minute reflecting--he said, "well, sir..." (Don't you hate that when these young pups call you sir?) "Well, that's my job too, I generally work from my blackberry and lap top too." So, I start looking around hotels I stay at on trips--I start looking around me when I am in an internet cafe' and start my epiphany of this world. I run into folks in hotel pools and hot tubs and at the continental breakfast bars, etc. that live in this world and have for 30 years. I never really saw that it was, it is, everywhere. However, I betcha if you ask most physicians, probably 99.7% about this world they would look like a deer in the headlights--clueless. So, I redeem my ignorance in that I am in a small minority of physicians at least who have experienced the blessings of this way of life. I could never go back, I am truly blessed. I cannot believe how fortunate I am to be the Northern Regional Medical Director for Corizon. I am still married to my gorgeous wife of 29 years. I still have the best friends any man can have and I can do this all from my home office that is within touching distance of the most beautiful freshwater sea in the world, Lake Michigan. God Bless, thanks for listening! We're still here!

No comments: